Last updated: May 15, 2023.
The MealPal website and mobile applications (the “Site”) are operated by MealPal Australia Pty Limited (ACN 618 142 368) ("MealPal"). The terms “MealPal,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to MealPal Australia Pty Limited (ACN 618 142 368) and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)). The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the user/customer utilising the Site.
- CHILDREN AND YOUNG PERSONS
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to MealPal that they are 18 years of age or older. If we learn that a person under 18 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
“Personal Information” is defined in the Privacy Act and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We endeavour to limit our collection of personal information to information we believe is reasonably necessary to achieve our purposes as described in the “Information Use” section below.
We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- register for the Site, including providing details such as your name and email address;
- participate in certain activities and obtain certain services or documents offered on the Site, including your; phone number, billing address and credit card information and other Personal Information that we collect in the course of a transaction between you and MealPal; and
- contact us, including the Personal Information that we receive in any communications or materials that you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise.
When you visit the Site we also collect information from you, which may not be considered to be Personal Information, including:
- your demographic information, including your age or gender identity; or
- usage information, including (without limitation) the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the Site and the areas of the Site you visit.
This information is de-identified and cannot by itself be used to identify or contact you. We may also supplement the information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in evaluating and improving our Site and offerings.
We may collect Personal Information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose Personal Information is given to us by those individuals via the Site or in the course of a transaction with MealPal.
Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will generally use your Personal Information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use the Personal Information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use your Personal Information if you have given us consent for the use or it is required or authorised by law.
Generally, we use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Site, service information, and news;
- to support the Site and services offered on or through the Site;
- to enable the sharing of MealPal member meal and restaurant choices with social media contacts, other MealPal members and professional colleagues;
- to contact you for feedback about our services;
- to conduct research about MealPal’s customer base or services;
- to fulfil your reservation and order requests;
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection;
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy;
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes; or
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfil any related awards or discounts.
We may use de-identified information to analyse and develop our marketing strategy and to alter, modify, introduce or further improve any aspect, feature, or policy of the Site and our services.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will generally disclose your Personal Information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
Generally, we may disclose your Personal Information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- to any applicable merchant, restaurant, or meal service provider for each meal that you sign up for on the Site, so it can contact you regarding the meal you reserved and send you other communication that may be of interest as special offers (you may opt-out of marketing communications directly with the applicable merchant).
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Site and any feature of the Site or a service that you have requested.
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications). (Note that you will not be able to opt-out of service announcements that contain important information relevant to your use of the Site and are not promotional in nature).
- to share your meal and restaurant choices with your social media contacts, other MealPal members, and professional colleagues, including via third party social media sites.
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if MealPal should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- to your employer (or similar entity), if you participate in any of enterprise solutions or corporate programs.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing Personal Information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any Personal Information is protected.
- DIRECT MARKETING
We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information we collect and hold against loss and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. MealPal takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information. We protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission to us by using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software, which encrypts the information you input. When no longer required, Personal Information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to, or allow sharing with, third-party websites and applications. MealPal is not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personal Information.
- COOKIES AND ADVERTISING
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on the Site and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
- You can learn more about Online Behavioural Advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at oaic.gov.au/individuals/privacy-fact-sheets/general/privacy-fact-sheet-4-online-behavioural-advertising-know-your-options.
- We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on web analytics by visitinghttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
- PUBLIC POSTS
- ACCESS OR CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
MealPal seeks to ensure all Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Under the Privacy Act, you have certain rights to access and correct the Personal Information we collect and hold about you.
We will allow an individual access to, or correction of, the Personal Information we hold about them at any time. When requesting such access, please identify the precise type/s of information requested.
You may make a request to access or correct the Personal Information we collect and hold about you by contacting us at the contact details provided below. MealPal will endeavour to meet or advise of the outcome of such a request within a reasonable time after it is received.
- MAKE A COMPLAINT
For any privacy issues or concerns, including a complaint about a breach of the APPs, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may contact us at the contact details provided below.
We may request that you make your complaint in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may make further enquiries to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- CONTACTING MEALPAL
MealPal Australia Pty Limited (ACN 618 142 368)
Governor Macquarie Tower
1 Farrar Place
Email: [email protected]